Seeking Freelance Clinicians for Our Care Consultation Service
Tuesday, 01 July 2014
Families for Depression Awareness is seeking clinicians with experience working in a short-term setting with patients and families. The Care Consultant will work on a freelance hourly basis to deliver Care Consultations to families at our office in Waltham, Massachusetts. Applicants should be located within easy proximity to our office because we schedule 1-2-hours of time where you may be seeing one family on a given day.
Families for Depression Awareness (www.familyaware.org
) is a nonprofit organization that helps families recognize and cope with depression and bipolar disorder to get people well and prevent suicides. We provide through education, training, and support. Position Summary
The Care Consultant, reporting to the Executive Director, will deliver care consultation sessions, in-person or occasionally by phone or Skype, with families that include adults or teenagers with depression or bipolar disorder. This position is NOT a counseling position. Care consultations will help families in a range of ways such as addressing family members who are reluctant to seek mental health care services. Care Consultants will be following a manual of advice that is already developed and will be focused on achieving the best outcomes in terms of customer satisfaction, addressing the top 3 concerns of the family, enabling the family to carry out their action plans, and ultimately helping the family improve their health.
- Identify top clinical and family needs, coach family members on interacting with loved one, create and discuss action plan working with family (based on family’s concerns and clinical/family needs).
- Using the manual already developed and following those guidelines, provide care consultations to families at our Waltham office.
- Work with admin assistant to select appropriate referrals to clinics and programs from our database that meet the needs of the family.
- Post meetings: enter notes in database; develop action plan.
- Provide feedback to staff on what is going well and changes that may be needed to the manual.
- Licensed mental health counselor, or marriage and family therapist, masters in counseling or related field
- Experience working in a short-term setting (e.g., hospital, step-down program), where you were able to quickly analyze the top clinical and family needs, facilitate meetings with families, and educate and coach the family on how to work with the person with depression or bipolar disorder
- At least 1 year experience working with populations with depression and bipolar disorder, as well as with adolescents
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including the ability to engage with people over the phone and in-person
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff
Send cover letter stating your degree, licensure, number of years of experience, where you discovered the opening, and hourly wage requirements, along with a resume, to Families for Depression Awareness at firstname.lastname@example.org.