Use this helpful, easy-to-read brochure to learn about:
- The effects of stress on your immune system and general well-being, contributing to conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and heart disease.
- How stress affects your lifestyle by causing symptoms of forgetfulness, anxiety, depression, weight gain and others.
- Tips for reducing stress, including relaxation, nutrition, exercise, making lifestyle changes and even working with a skilled therapist.
- When it’s more than stress — understanding the signs of depression and anxiety.
- Getting help, including resources for managing stress and finding treatment for more serious conditions.
This brochure also includes checklists to help you identify the specific ways stress affects your health ... and if there’s a chance that you’re dealing with depression or anxiety instead.
CLINICIANS: You'll find Coping with Stress is a valuable tool for educating your patients about the effects of stress on the body and overall health.