The listings on this page are provided for informational purposes. Being listed on this page does not constitute an endorsement by Families for Depression Awareness.
Clinics/Hospitals/Mental Health Facilities
- SAMHSA Mental Health Services Locator. An on-line source of information for persons seeking treatment facilities in the United States or U.S. Territories for substance abuse/addiction and/or mental health problems.
- National Network of Depression Centers (NNDC). A collaborative network of Centers of Excellence each with leading experts in diagnosis, treatment, and scientific discovery of advances in depression and bipolar disorder.
- Lindner Center of HOPE. A state-of-the-science mental health center and charter member of the National Network of Depression Centers, the Center provides psychiatric hospitalization and partial hospitalization for individuals age 12-years-old and older, outpatient services for all ages, diagnostic and short-term residential services for adults and adolescents, intensive outpatient programming for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders for adults and a comprehensive research program. Lindner Center of HOPE is the presenting sponsor of our May 12, 2015 treatment-resistant depression webinar.
- Your health insurance: see behavioral health phone number on your health insurance card
- Your primary care physician or pediatrician
- Your work’s employee assistance program or school counselor
- Your friends and religious leaders
- Your Department of Mental Health
- Psychiatrists. Psychology Today has a searchable database based on location.
- Child Psychiatrists. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry has referral directory on its web site or call 202-966-7300.
- Psychologists. The American Psychological Association lists state associations, some of which provide local referrals to psychologists; or call 800-964-2000. (U.S.)
- Social Workers. National Association of Social Workers for therapy referral service.
- Family and Marital Therapists. American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy offers a therapist locator, 703-838-9808.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapists. Academy of Cognitive Therapy has referrals to certified cognitive therapists by region.